Saturday, February 07, 2009

An Anniversary Thought


My wife and I have been married for 25 years. Quite an achievement in these modern times, however, I don't see it as such. Marriage shouldn't be an effort. Sure, we have had our ups and downs. Having to "get through" or "compromise" in marriage does not make a marriage. We have yelled at each other over little things, yet the big things have made us stronger as a unit. We have never compromised. We have cried together. We have cried over each other. We have laughed at each other and we have laughed together. To add to this, we have been friends since I was 10 and Deb was 8. I intend to leave this world loving my wife without ever having a second thought about it. I may not get to do a lot of things in life that others seem to feel they have to do before dying, however, I will say at the end that my life was complete from the minute I set eyes on the love of my life.

No comments:

Upcoming Gigs with Quini 2009

  • Aug 14th Kiama Inn
  • June 13th Dapto Leagues
  • May 15th Kiama Inn
  • May 2nd Dapto Leagues